Murray of Romanno
William MURRAY of Romanno
William MURRAY was the son of John MURRAY and Margaret TWEEDIE. He married Agnes NESBIT on 15 April 1587. William died sometime after 1605.
Child of William MURRAY and Agnes NESBIT:
i. Captain James MURRAY of Romanno. (Romanno shown above right)
Captain James MURRAY of Romanno
Captain James MURRAY, son of William MURRAY and Agnes NESBIT, was mentioned with his Father in Edinburgh records, and died about 1670. He married Susan HAMILTON.
Children of Captain James MURRAY and Susan HAMILTON are:
1. John MURRAY, married Elizabeth LAMB on 10 May 1645.
Child of John MURRAY and Elizabeth LAMB:
i. Margaret MURRAY who married Dr. Alexander PENNICUIK of Newhall on 7 Feb 1676. Dr. PENNICUIK was born about 1652 and died in July of 1722.
Children of Dr. Alexander PENNICUIK and Margaret MURRAY:
i. Elizabeth PENNICUIK married James OLIPHANT and they had a son named Alexander.
ii. Margaret PENNICUIK married John FARQUHARSON of Kirktown and Aboyne.
2. David MURRAY married Agnes SCOTT 09 Apr 1673. He was in H.M. Life Guards, and he died in Jun 1683.
Children of David MURRAY and Agnes SCOTT:
i. James MURRAY.
ii. Margaret MURRAY, born 02 August 1676 in South Leith.
iii. David MURRAY, born 18 May 1678 in South Leith.
iv. Agnes MURRAY, born 20 June 1680 in South Leith.
3. Alexander MURRAY, m. Margaret CAIRNCROSS.
4. William MURRAY, married Elizabeth NISBET who died Aug 1655 in Edinburgh. William died before 23 Dec 1656.
Child of William MURRAY and Elizabeth NISBET:
i. James MURRAY, apprenticed as Tailor in Edinburgh on 29 March 1665 to Robert MURRAY, tailor, probably the following uncle.
5. Robert MURRAY was apprenticed on 15 Nov 1648 to James GILLIES of Edinburgh. He married Elizabeth (last name unknown).
Child of Robert MURRAY and Elizabeth:
i. Archibald MURRAY, b. about 03 Mar 1667.
6. James MURRAY who married Jean RAMSBORNE. James was a tacksman in Falkland and he died about 1694
Children of James MURRAY and Jean RAMSBORNE:
i. James MURRAY.
ii. Mary MURRAY.
iii. Lilias MURRAY.
7. Lilias MURRAY who married Patrick PURDIE, Minister of the Newlands Parish in Peeblesshire.