Simson in Drumelzier
Mary Murray Simson
Mary MURRAY was born about 1712 and was the daughter of William MURRAY and Margaret TWEEDIE. On 11 June 1736, Mary married Robert SIMSON in Tweedsmuir. Robert was born about 1716 and died 03 March 1770 at Drumelzier Place in the Drumelzier Parish of Peeblesshire. Mary Murray SIMSON died 01 May 1782 at Ward, in Drumelzier, the home of her son Robert.
Children of Robert SIMSON and Mary MURRAY:
i. Margaret SIMSON was about born 26 July 1737 and died 31 May 1755 at Drumelzier Place.
ii. James SIMSON was born about 03 May 1739 at Drumelzier Place. On 28 December 1769 James married Henrietta LAIDLAW in Drumelzier. She was born about 28 February 1750.
Children of James SIMSON and Henrietta Laidlaw:
1. William Laidlaw SIMSON was born about 08 October 1772 and died 06 February 1778 at Drumelzier Place.
2. Elizabeth SIMSON was born about 06 September 1774 in Drumelzier.
3. Mary SIMSON was born about 13 December 1776 in Drumelzier.
4. An unnamed child was born about 04 April 1779 in Drumelzier.
5. Alexander SIMSON was born about 15 May 1784 in the St. Cuthbert's Parish in Edinburgh.
6. James SIMSON was born about 01 August 1788 in the Canongate Parish in Edinburgh.
iii. William SIMSON was a son of Robert SIMSON and Mary MURRAY and he was born about 10 March 1741 in Drumelzier. William died 08 January 1778 at Drumelzier Place.
iv. Jean SIMSON was born about 23 December 1742 in Drumelzier. She was married to Robert STEEL on 03 November 1769 in Drumelzier.
v. Barbara SIMSON was born about 23 August 1745 in Drumelzier and died 07 June 1746 at Drumelzier Place.
vi. Robert SIMSON was born about 11 June 1747 in Drumelzier and died 08 June 1802 at Ward.
vii. Walter SIMSON was born about 28 December 1749 in Drumelzier and died 13 August 1807 at Wrae. It is not known if Walter was married but he fathered the following son:
1. Robert SIMSON was born about 1772 who married Jane JOHNSTONE on 18 August 1804 at Ward. Jane was born about 1780 and died about 25 July 1852. Robert died 30 January 1844.
Child of Robert SIMSON and Jane JOHNSTONE:
a. Mary SIMSON was born about 1808 and died 27 March 1853 in Biggar, Lanarkshire.
viii. John SIMSON was a son of Robert SIMSON and Mary MURRAY and he was born about 17 March 1752. John died of a fever 29 May 1781 at Drumelzier Place.
ix. Alexander SIMSON was born about 22 October 1754 and died 08 November 1754 at Drumelzier Place.